Saturday, July 25, 2015

THE COLLECTED #11


NOTICE, DIDN'T DO IT!

The Collected is made up of points of reality collected by the ancient race The Twist. They are one of the first races to come into creation at the beginning of all of existence. Their motives are confusing but some have said they collect realities in an attempt to try and save them from The Spiders Of Time. No one really knows why they do this but these points of time can only exist in the same universe parallel like writers working within a shared tightly woven continuity but ignoring it for the most part while at the same time acting like they are keeping it all together.
Maybe The Twist are just writers frustrated with canon wank?
The Collected is a place so frustrating in its nature that the great philosopher from the planet Alpha Demo, Delphaconnick, called it- “A symbol of truly how Godless and random creation is in its cruelty to life.”
It’s basically pluckings from creation.
Pluckings is like cracklings.
Oh, go look up BBQ and cracklings, I need to get on with this if I expect to get it out before Halloween.

Have you ever seen someone talk themselves out of a bad situation? No really, they talk about it all the time in fiction but it’s a exceptionally rare thing indeed. It’s rarer than a no hitter. Even rarer than a politician changing his mind when confronted with facts.
Notice stood up from being knelt down beside the body of Captain Deodato and wanted to talk his way out of this situation. To be like some of his heroes from life and fiction, but before he could say a word words dictating his destiny were said for him, ‘Take him and put him in with the girl. I’ll handle both of them later.’
‘What about the Cap…’
‘I’m the Captain now. Shove that meat out the airlock.’
‘Yes Captain Balflard.’

As they shoved him into one of the holding cells of The Sarah Jane she could fill the ship was racing away from the police. She should know since she was the second mechanic on The Sarah Jane until her father died and the pirates tried to push her off not wanting her to stay and work under the new head mechanic.
The Sarah Jane being a good former cruise vessel had plenty of holding cells.
Helps with the gambling drunks.
At first Notice didn’t see that anyone else was in the cell until he was kicked in the center of his back, the pain of which dropped him to his knees.
Then he had a large bolt that had been unscrewed from one of the cell beds by a long and now broken finger nail shoved up to his throat, ‘I could shove this clean into your throat. I’m strong enough to do it.’
‘I’m sure you are,’ Notice responded, ‘But may I ask why you would want to do this? I’m clearly a prisoner just like yourself.’
‘You are nothing like me. I’m a prisoner on a ship full of men who have such a low moral code that The Yinfinity can attack them and the police move away while it’s happening.’
‘How did you know all that happen locked up in her?’
‘I grew up on this ship. I learned how to hack the video coms before I was a teen.’
Notice raised his hand up in a greeting way, ‘My names Notice. Who may I say is threatening me with a big metal bolt?’
‘I’m Jasap. Mr. Notice do you want to help me take over this ship.’
Noticed smiled but wondered if that was the right move to make.


(c)System * Publishing
brian c.williams

The book that started it all.
(
It's FREE

The first  two Tin Universe Middle Grade books-$1.00,

No comments:

Post a Comment