Saturday, July 25, 2015

THE COLLECTED #5


CLEAN CUE CITY: PART FIVE

Edited/Created/Edited{in this case that very funny but not at all}
by
Brian C. Williams

The episode marathon at the theatre was great. I overheard someone talking about a sale at Counter Space.
Counter Space is a clothing store that specializes in historically accurate Earth clothing. It’s my favorite store and where I get all of my Civil War Union army jackets.
This reminds me of how much I hate our C.C.P.D. uniforms.
And I’m a uniform nut.
But how can you like a uniform that resembles B-Movie Sci-Fi riot gear.
The owner of Counter Space, Choiri, visited Earth a few years ago then working as a Culture Ambassador but when she returned she decided to go for early retirement in her government job so she could open up Counter Space which is not only a clothing store with Earth fashions but also a Earth culture store with Earth literature, buttons, movies, snacks, and art.
Counter Space is a high end import store but I get a discount because I help Choiri pick out her stock before she makes an order.
“Mr. Garth Dale, how are you today?”
Having spent time on Earth she knows my name is unusual and love the joke.
“Starting my vacation.”
“That great, any big plans for today?”
“Just a normal day. Had breakfast at the Pink Bomb and caught the episode marathon at the theatre. Now I’m here for  the sale.”
“I wanted to go to the theatre but work calls.”
“You need to hire some help.”
“And share my profits.”
“What was I thinking.”
Choiri loves Counter Space. The store is her life.
“My Earth WW2 boots are Super Reduced if you’re interested?”
“Nice, I’ll take a pair.”


(c)System * Publishing
brian c.williams

The book that started it all.
(
It's FREE

The first  two Tin Universe Middle Grade books-$1.00,

No comments:

Post a Comment